HISTORICAL COMMITTEE NEW BANNER.JPG

The first picture above is a 1948 photo where is Saint Gregory's Church and School now sit.

It depicts a tourist Court owned by Mr. Henry Hannasch. George Delavan Dairy Barn and the Storywood Rodeo Arena are also in the picture.

The curved Road is Dewhurst/Beryl. Dewhurst then turns to the left past the dairy barn and rodeo arena

The right photo is a more recent pic of the same area. Evidence of the trailer pads of what was the tourist court is still visible. 

St Gregory's Parking lot now sits on the land where the tourist court cabins once stood.  In these pics north is to the left the pic, south is to the right, east is the top of the picture and west is to the bottom of the photo. 

THE START OF THE DELLVIEW SUBDIVISION

Dellview was originally developed byGeorge W. Delavanand W.H Barns. Several other home builders were involved in construction of the dwellings.  We hope that you will enjoyviewing the newspaper ads from the time thatthe area was being developed. 

BELOW - The " Agreement and Contract of Sale"  between Maude E. Freilingand Wonder Homes Inc. Wonder Homes built homes on the east of Vance Jackson.

THE LIFETIME HOME THAT EXPANDS AND CONTRACTS

Builder Frank Robertson had an interesting Idea; build homes with movable walls. As the family grew and progressed thrOUGH its lifecycle the home could change to meet the needs of the family.

POPULAR MECHANICS OCT 1953

THE GRANADOS CENTER 

The Granados Center as it is today

Before the building was renovated for use as a community center

The Granados Center Was one of the buildings located on the Gillespie Property(1501 Vance Jackson). One of the conditions when the property was developed into a shopping center was that there was to be a community center for the area. Here are somebefore and after pictures of the center. Before the building was renovated for use as a community center: 

HILLSIDE RANCH

The property at 1501 Vance Jackson was once the sight of the Hillside Ranch owned by by Mr James Milton Vance. It was later sold to the Gillespie Family.. They later sold the property and it was turned into a shopping center.